Terms & Conditions
The information provided on this site and when using the chat, is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician, psychologist, therapist or doctor. The information and opinions expressed on this website or in the live therapist chat, are those of the writers or therapists based on their education and experience.
The information provided should be examined in the light of individual case-evaluation by the clients' doctors. The website developers take no responsibility whatsoever for adverse consequences experienced by patients using the information provided on this website or in the live therapist chat. We assure you of the best possible efforts in our provisions for those who undergo the online therapy. However, please note that we do not claim to cure each and every case, nor do we guarantee any magical cure. We do not suggest that our online therapy is a replacement or substitute for conventional treatment. Our organization takes no responsibility for any perceived complications. It is considered that the user has read and agreed to this disclaimer when using the information on this site, in the live chat, the worksheets, the forum etc
The tests on this website do not provide medical advice. They are intended for informational purposes only. The tests are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment/therapy. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on this website.
Our programs are step-by-step self-help programs. The feedback you receive in the worksheets and in the live chat is NOT to be considered as traditional therapy from a therapist/psychologist. It is only intended as feedback and assistance, so that you can complete the eight-section self-help program yourself.
The therapists listed are not employees or representatives of Online-Therapy.com. Online-Therapy.com shall not be responsible for the quality of information or the authentication of the services or details given by therapists on the site.
It is each therapist's sole responsibility to ensure that the information is current and accurate. This information includes, but is not limited to, name, address, phone numbers, email addresses, state and types of credentials.
For your convenience, we list therapists with a variety of backgrounds and qualifications from all parts of the world. Some of the registered therapists are not CBT practitioners and may not be using evidence-based methods. Make sure to choose a therapist that suits your needs.
The verified credential seal means that Online-Therapy.com has verified the following:
- The name and contact details of the professional
- That the professional's license, if applicable, is valid within the state in which he or she practices
- That the professional is not subject to any license strictures preventing practice
Online-Therapy.com verifies the information at the time a therapist is initially listed in the directory.
Online-Therapy.com's directory is not intended as a tool for verifying the credentials, qualifications, or abilities of any therapists it lists. Inclusion in Online-Therapy.com's directory does not imply recommendation or endorsement nor does omission from it imply Online-Therapy.com disapproval. Online-Therapy.com does not warrant or represent that Online-Therapy.com's directory or any part thereof is accurate or complete. Online-Therapy.com disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose.
If you find any of the information to be inaccurate, please let us know by emailing: email@example.com
You assume full responsibility for the communications with any therapist you contact through Online-Therapy.com. Online-Therapy.com shall, in no event, be liable to you or to anyone for any decision made or action taken by you in the reliance on information provided on the website.
By using this site you accept the terms and conditions of this disclaimer. You agree that any use you make of a therapist's services is at your own risk and that Online-therapy.com is not responsible for any damages or losses resulting from your reliance on such services.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a therapist's contact details and/or licensure information, please contact the person in question for verification. If you come across any misstatements, please contact us by chat or email.
Who Can Use Our Services?
- You must be at least 18 years old to use our services.
- You are not allowed to use our services, if you are feeling suicidal. Instead we strongly recommend you contact your local hospital for immediate help. Please use these links for more information:
We cannot be held accountable for those with suicidal tendencies, thoughts, or actions.
Chat, Forum and Worksheets - Live Support
We promote a friendly approach in the chat rooms, the forums and when writing in the worksheets.
You are not allowed to use any of our services when under the influence of alcohol or any other drugs. If for some reason, you don't agree with your therapist's comments or need some other feedback, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of our programs found on this website are copyright-protected by international law. All abuse will be reported.
You are free to write texts about our services and link to our site. To learn more about copyright rules, please visit: http://wipo.int/copyright/en/.
After registration, you will receive our newsletter. If, afterwards, you no longer want to receive our newsletter, just reply: "no newsletter" or click on the unsubscribe link in the email.
Our services are subscription based. This means you will be charged weekly, monthly or bi-monthly depending on what subscription plan you have chosen. You may cancel your subscription at any time and you will not be charged again. To cancel or to make changes to your subscription, click here: subscriptions »
You may pay using any major credit/debit card or PayPal. All payments are made using SSL encrypted connections (https) for maximum security. Our payment service providers will never share your credit/debit card details with us or any other third party.
You may cancel your subscription at any time and you will not be charged again. You can also change your subscription plan. You may also change online therapy program, free of charge. To cancel or to make changes to your subscription, click here: subscriptions »
When registering using a free trial, refunds are not available once your trial has expired and you are charged.
Standard Sign Up
When not signing up using the free trial, there is a 14-day money-back guarantee from the date of your first subscription payment. Note that once you have replied to your therapist's feedback in your worksheet, you are deemed to have accepted therapy, and a refund is no longer possible. We also will not accept a refund request, if you have used the therapist live chat two times or more for therapy.
Please note that when you send payments directly to an external therapist (as opposed to our standard checkout routine), other refund policies may apply.
Register as a therapist
It is your sole responsibility as a therapist to ensure that you only give therapy to people you are allowed to give therapy to, depending on local, state or national restrictions.
As a therapist, you could be a Covered Entity for purposes of compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104191 ("HIPAA"), and you may also be subject to similar state laws. Accordingly, information you collect could be protected under HIPAA and state privacy laws. Online-Therapy.com is a technology provider, not a Covered Entity. You understand that compliance with HIPAA and state privacy laws is your responsibility. While use of our technology is designed to provide security of information as required by HIPAA, we make no warranty or representation that compliance with this Agreement or use of its products or services will be adequate or satisfactory to fully comply with HIPAA or state privacy laws.
Your responsibilities and liabilities
It is your sole responsibility as a therapist to ensure that the contact and licensure information in your user profile is current and accurate. This contact information includes, but is not limited to, name, address, phone numbers, email addresses, states and types of licensure. Changes to your contact information can be made in the personnel section of our website.
It is your sole responsibility as a therapist to ensure that you have legal coverage in case there is litigation etc.
More information can be found in our disclaimer at the top of this page.
To provide services to you, we need to get private information from you. This information may be about your mental health, your medical health, or your use of alcohol or drugs. This notice describes how information about you may be used and disclosed and how to get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Our privacy pledge
We work hard to keep your personal information private and free from errors.
Who will follow this notice?
- Network officers, employees, interns, and volunteers.
- Anyone who has a contract with Online-Therapy.com to provide services to the agency or people served by the agency. In this notice, these people will be called our Partners.
You have the following rights regarding your personal information
- Right to inspect and copy: In most cases, you have the right to look at and receive a copy of information that is in your record. You may be charged for copies that you receive.
- Right to Amend: If you think any information we have about you is not correct or complete, you can ask us to change the information, or add a statement to your record stating what you think is incorrect or incomplete. We can deny your request for certain reasons, but we must give you a written reason for our denial.
- Right to an Accounting of Disclosures: A "Release of Confidential Information" form is our list of items that have been copied from your record and shared with someone else. You have the right to ask for this list.
- Right to Request Restrictions: You have the right to put limits on what we can do with your personal information. However, we are not required to agree with your request.
- Right to Request Confidential Communications: You have the right to ask us to communicate with you in a certain way or at a certain location. For example, you may ask that we only get in touch with you at work or by mail. Before we can act on your rights, we will ask you to put your request in writing.
Please be aware, there may be a cost to receive a copy of information from your record or an accounting of disclosures.
If you believe your rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with us.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or your rights, please contact email@example.com. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint.
We may make changes to this notice in the future. If we make changes, we will update this page and it will become our current notice. You are welcome to ask for a copy. Our current notice will always tell you what you need to know about how we use your personal information. It will also tell you about your rights.
We are required by law to:
- Make sure that any information that identifies you is kept private.
- Give you this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices.
- Follow the terms of the current notice.
(1) Routine disclosures are the ones we need to make as a part of serving you. We do not need any specific consent or permission from you for the uses listed below.
- For treatment: Any Online-Therapy.com staff or one of our partners' staff members involved in your care will be using your personal information.
- For payment: We may communicate your personal information about you to get paid for your services. We will bill you, your insurance company (if applicable), or any third party who may be paying.
- Operations: We may use personal information about you to improve the way we provide services.
- Medical Records: The personal information in your record is seen by various staff to provide services, and to do filing, case reviews, billing, customer service, etc. The staff may use the information in your record in order to do their jobs.
- Appointment Reminders: We may email you to remind you of your next appointment.
(2) Disclosures, which require your consent. Sometimes, we will need your permission before we can use or communicate personal information. We will then ask you to sign a specific form to do this.
- Additional Services: Before we can help you work with another agency, we need to tell them some personal information about you. Examples of such services are hospitals, schools, nursing homes, Social Security offices, Department of Human Services (DHS), lawyers, and courts.
- Individuals involved in your Care: We may give personal information to other people or agencies that are helping us to provide your services. Examples are your family/friends you want informed, or other people who help you.
- Your Primary Medical Doctor: We believe it is important to coordinate your mental health services with your physical health care. We will ask you to consent to share information with your doctor.
- Jail or Prison: If you are an inmate of a jail or prison, we may release personal information about you to the jail or prison authorities.
- Rights to Revoke: You have the right to revoke your consent but you must put it in writing.
(3) Mandatory Disclosures. There are certain times when we are unable to protect the privacy of your personal information. We will give information about you when required to do so by federal, state, or local law.
- To Avert a Serious Threat to Health or Safety: We want to keep you safe. We will give personal information about you to stop a serious threat to your health and safety, and, we will protect the health and safety of other people, if you are in any way a threat to someone else.
- Law Enforcement: We release personal information if asked by law enforcement officials:
- a) In response to an order of the court.
- b) To identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person.
- Rights to Revoke: You have the right to revoke your consent but you must put it in writing.
Our privacy practice follows the Rights of Recipients and Mental Health Codes established by the law.
Cookies Policy - What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser, if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. In the latter case, certain personalized services cannot then be provided to that user, and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all our features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyze the profile of our visitors, so we can provide you with a better user experience.
What information will we collect about you?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service such as therapies, newsletters or forum, we may ask for personal information about you. This may consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different web pages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields as requested, you enable us and our service providers to provide you with the services you select.
We also use your IP address to determine from what region you are accessing the services. You will be re-directed to a different version of our site, depending on your geographical position.
How will we use the information you collect about me?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for "service administration purposes", which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for;
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the web sites, including any content you provide.
- to personalize the way the content is presented to you;
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyze and improve the services offered on our website, such as to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Will you share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential, except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within our company. However, sometimes we use third parties to process your information (for example or payment providers). We will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and we will require that they not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
SSL Secure Website
All pages on our website that handle sensitive/personal information are SSL encrypted for maximum security. This includes live chat, worksheets, email, personal accounts and payment pages.