Introduction to Yoga
We are very happy and excited to be able to share a few yoga and meditation videos with you here at online-therapy·com as a part of your program - right now free of charge!
In your online therapy program, you communicate daily with your therapist and have access to the online sections, worksheets, live chat, journal and activity plan and more. We now also have yoga videos.
In your activity plan, you are advised to do things every day that add more balance and joy to your life. Yoga could be one of these things! Hopefully these videos will inspire you to start doing some type of yoga every day. Some days this might mean being in child’s pose for 2 minutes, while other days you might have the time to do a full yoga class.
What’s so great about yoga is that you don’t need any prior knowledge, be physically active or have fancy yoga clothes to start doing yoga TODAY. You don’t even need a yoga mat. The only thing you need is you and your body.
I have listed below some of the many benefits of adding practicing yoga into your activity plan and into your daily life.
Physical benefits of doing yoga
- Strengthens and stretches your whole body
- Improves your posture
- Increases your blood flow and circulation
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Strengthens and calms down your heart
- Stimulates the lymphatic system
- Improves your lung function capacity
- Boosts your immune system
- Helps your digestion
Mental benefits of doing yoga - why it’s such a great complement to therapy
- Great tool for reducing stress, anxiety and depression
- Helps you to find more balance in your life and to make better decisions
- Improves your focus, so you are less distracted by (negative) thought loops
- Calms everything down, including your mind and your breath
- Increases your self-esteem, making you feel stronger from the inside and out
- Helps you realize your value and that you need to take care of yourself to be able to be there for others
- Helps you to cope with the difficulties in life by practicing acceptance and gratitude
Learn more about the benefits of adding a yoga practice into your daily life.
Sending you love, happiness and ease!
Your yoga teacher at online-therapy·com
petra (at) online-therapy.com
Join the conversation! Click on the stars below the video from above.
Lulu (May 01, 2018)
Rating: [3 out of 5 stars!]
"Thank you for this video. It is relaxing."
Ang (April 27, 2018)
Rating: [5 out of 5 stars!]
"Thank you for your insightful message in your introduction to me to help me through yoga."