“The earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fragrance and beauty of flowers tend to captivate everyone’s heart and soul. Whether you gift it to your beloved, tie it in your hairs, gift someone lying ill, decorate your home with them, or use as a medium of offering your heart’s cherished prayers… Flowers tend to be the most wonderful expression of human feelings and emotions. Have you experienced the touch and aroma of flowers on green patches of land? Or have you seen how a flower blooms and blossoms out of a thick rock? Flowers are not simply sensitive entities, but they also reflect many important lessons of life. Beauty, purity, determination, joy n peace… Flowers teach us many aspects of positive life living.
Do you know, flowers have healing properties too? Yes! Flowers have the power to heal. Since time immemorial flowers have been used for restoring physical and mental health. Starting from cold, flu, infections to stress, depression and other ailments… Flowers have been one of the best therapy agents. Let us have a look of the different kinds of flowers that heal:
1) Lonicera Flower: This flower has anti-viral properties. It is useful in colds, flu, infections and so on. It is also known as Jin Yin Hua. Lonicera is widely used in Asian cultures and is often the first preference to fight against cold and related infections.
2) Viola Flower: Viola is a beautiful flower with multi-dimensional therapeutic properties. It is also known as “purple flower earth herb”. Viola flower helps fight against swelling and toxicity. Therefore, it is considered as an anti-inflammatory and antipyretic. It helps fight against bacterial infections too.
3) Passion Flower: It is also known as Passiflora Incarnata. Passion flower is most commonly found in the Southern United States. The flower itself and its leaves are immensely helpful in pacifying anxiety and sleep problems.
4) Lavender: Lavender is used as an essential oil, as a healing agent and is a significant part and parcel of aroma therapy as well. It has multiple therapeutic effects on mental health. Lavender helps in restoring sleep, it also helps in pacifying anxiety, anger issues, stress management and it enhances overall sense of health and well-being.
5) St. John’s Wort: I think you must have heard about this before. St. John’s Wort is the beloved healing agent of many health practitioners. It has healing effects both on the body and the mind as well. It is used to treat physical ailments like varicose veins, wounds, bruises, sciatica and other nerve related ailments. It is also greatly useful in mild to moderate depression, mood swings and negative thinking processes.
Do you know how many flowering plants are there on our planet? According to botanists, there are around 240,000 flowering plants on the Earth. Apart from the beauty of their being, their spirit-uplifting fragrance and mesmerizing entity… Flowers have the priceless affluence of compounds and healing properties that help in the restoration of physical and mental health. If you have any queries regarding flowers and their healing properties, if you are experiencing any suffering, pain, illness or ailment, then please feel free to contact us. We will help you in any and every way we can. Your precious comments and suggestions are always welcome!
“What a desolate place would be a world without a flower! It would be a face without a smile, a feast without a welcome. Are not flowers the stars of the earth, and are not our stars the flowers of the heaven.” – A.J. Balfour