Children are the purest form of innocence, truth, beauty… and one of the best creations on the Earth. Without children our lives would have been colorless and lifeless. Childhood is the most fascinating phases of human life. Starting from the babbling of a baby to the happy chuckles of a toddler; children make the world more bright and bountiful.
However, in the weary dreary world of today, your tiny tots are becoming the innocent victims of the rat race of competition, zooming fast-paced lifestyle, demands of successful living and the changing societal norms. The way children are oscillating between a competitive world and the environment encircling them, is making them fall prey to many physical and psychological ailments. Among them, the most common problems are Childhood Stress and Anxiety. The lifetime prevalence rate of Childhood Anxiety is about 25.1%. The number is still increasing at an alarming rate. Owing to this, I would be discussing about the technical know-how of childhood stress and anxiety so that you can save your child from the clutches of these problems and suffering.
Causes of Childhood Stress and Anxiety
- Genetic effects
- Environmental factors
- Competition and thriving towards achievement
- Parental expectations
- Parental conflicts
- Peer pressure, and pressure from academic staff
- Hormonal changes, life transition and lifestyle patterns
- Need for self-development, self-concept, self-esteem and striving to come at par with the norms and roles of the society.
Problems caused due to Stress and Anxiety in Children
- Poor performance in academic activities
- Social withdrawal and need to stay isolated
- Physical discomfort in the form of palpitations, sweating, frequent urination, trembling, speech anxiety,nightmares, bed-wetting, panic attacks, disturbed sleep, diet changes, etc.
- Lack of concentration and focus, problems in memory and complex cognitive skills like decision-making, etc.
- Depression and suicidal ideations/attempts
- Lack of self-esteem and confidence
- Lack of emotional bonding with parents, relatives or care-givers or children may become more panicky and clingy on the flip side.
Children are like sponge soaked in water. They are very sensitive towards their surroundings and easily soak what is said or done to them. That is why, it is very necessary to bring up your children in the most delicate yet effective manner so that they don’t fall prey to the childhood psychological ailments. They have their entire future in front of them. So let us all build our children’s lives in such a way that they can reap a beautiful and meaningful future ahead.
If you want to know more about positive parenting and how to build your child’s life so that your lil’ champ leads a happy, healthy and fulfilling life… then check out my next blog folks!!!